In Finland, a separate pop-up window is not required for informing about cookies or accepting them.However, the cookie policies must be mentioned on the website so that the user can get more information about them.
We collect information about how our website is used in order to provide users with a better user experience and to improve the site's functionality.
Cookies can also be used to produce targeted advertising related to our products and services on other websites on the Internet based on the user's interests.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are files that web servers send to web browsers and that are stored in web browsers. After this, the browser sends the data back to the server every time it requests a page from the server. This allows the web server to recognize and track web browsers.
There are two main types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies:
· Session cookies disappear from the computer as soon as the browser is closed.
· Permanent cookies remain stored on the computer until they are separately deleted or their validity expires.
The cookies used by Soitin Laine
· to collect information about the user using Google Analytics tools
· to enable content sharing on Facebook and Instagram
· for showing recommendations to the user if he has visited the site before
· to identify the user when he logs in; does not apply to Anonymous users
· to save a user-specific list of similar products for the next session
We also use the AdWords service to track purchase decisions and retarget ads. These are third-party cookies with a validity period of 90 days to two years.
We use the Google Analytics system to analyze the use of the website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about the use of the website with the help of cookies stored on users' computers. The information collected from Soitit Laine's website is used to prepare reports on the use of the website. Here are the tasks performed by Google cookies in brief:
· defining the domain to be monitored
· breakdown of individual users
· remembering the number and time of previous visits
· remembering traffic source data
· determining the time and duration of the session
· remembering the value of visitor-level custom variables.
What do you do if you do not want information collected about you?
You can block cookies in most browsers. Blocking cookies:
· In Internet Explorer / Edge, all cookies can be blocked by clicking on "Tools", "Internet settings", "Privacy" and selecting "Block all cookies" with the slider.
· In Firefox, you can adjust the cookie settings by clicking on “Tools”, “Settings” and “Privacy”.
· In Safari, you can adjust cookie settings by clicking “Settings” and “Privacy”.
· In Google Chrome, you can adjust cookie settings by clicking "Settings" and "Privacy".
NOTE! Blocking cookies may hinder the usability of some websites.
If you want more information about Soitin Laine's privacy practices, you can contact us our data protection officer: Marko Kumpula 0290802414, [email protected]